Whoever says “Sorry, I can’t do a GoT marathon with you on Saturday, I’m doing a big print,” clearly doesn’t have the Mosquito Magnum hotend that finishes projects 20% faster than other high flow-rate hotends on the market.
Your 3D printer can deliver the high resolution prints and take on engineering-grade plastics that other desktop printers can’t come close to. With minimal layer lines, your vision is about to become reality. Fast.
The Mosquito Magnum hotend has the same precision as our Mosquito hotend, but with a flow rate that is significantly faster.
The Mosquito Magnum is adaptable to virtually any printer, so by swapping one component, you have the high performance benefits of a printer worth thousands more. Since the Mosquito (designed for beauty) and Mosquito Magnum (designed for speed) are the same length, any combination of these hotends can be mounted to one carriage. So you can switch between high-flow and high-precision in the same print.
Oh yeah, and you can change the nozzle with one hand.
Unlock engineering-grade plastics up to 450 °C. That means you can print car parts, medical devices, and whatever else you can dream up, and you don’t have to buy an expensive printer to do the job.
How did we accomplish this?
By reimagining how a hotend is designed and structured from the ground up. The materials in each part of the Mosquito Magnum have been hand selected to perform a specific task to optimize your printer’s performance. We went as far as using the same insulator materials that NASA uses on their space shuttle to protect the hotend’s extended melt zone.
Some might say it’s overkill.
But we say it’s necessary to create something truly excellent.
And it gives you a great anecdote for the next 3D printing convention.
Mosquito Magnum is only available for 1.75 mm filament at this time.
- Superior heat break performance
- The heat break conducts 85% less heat into the heat sink than a typical threaded heat break
- Steep temperature gradient at the heat break, and high tolerances along the filament path allow for better transmission of fine motor movements, resulting in beautiful, higher resolution prints
- Steep temperature gradient at the heat break reduces the likelihood of jamming
- Reduced heat transmission removes the need for a large heat sink
- Composite construction of the heat break allows for the use of materials optimized for heat transfer in each section of the heat break
- Allows for hotend to be mounted with a printed, plastic adapter, without raising safety concerns
- Increased structural rigidity
- The heat break has been separated from the structural components of the hotend, allowing for a heat break that is not load bearing, and can be very thin walled. This allows for a reliable, rigid exterior structure
- No components are prone to loosening at the mounting points
- Nozzles can be changed with one hand, without grasping the hot block
- In the case of a severe crash, an entirely new hotend is not necessary, parts can be easily swapped out
- Larger temperature operating range
- Specially-engineered high temperature copper alloy in the hot block will not soften at high temperatures in excess of 550C.
- Threads in the hot block will not deform at high temps, allowing removal of nozzles even after multiple high temp heat cycles
- Nickel plating on the hot block reduces radiative heat loss and prevents galling of threads
- Modular/adaptable to almost any FFF/FDM printer
- Compact, flat, ambidextrous form factor
- 5 different hole mounting patterns to allow for adaptation to virtually any printer
- Printable adapters can be created to diversify mounting options
- Ideal for multiple extrusion systems
- Small form factor and light mass allows for back-to-back mounting with small nozzle-nozzle distance
- Small mass allows for more rapid motion
- Less reinforcement needed for the motors, belts, and drives in the motion system
The Mosquito hotend is what started the Slice Engineering journey. Designed to have a small form factor, low mass, short retraction, and optimized heat transfer, the Mosquito uses the highest grade materials available, all engineered and built for performance in the USA.
Mosquito is built to accommodate standard 6 mm heater cartridges, 3 mm thermistors, and RepRap style nozzles (as made by E3D, Microswiss, Olssen Ruby, etc.). We also highly recommend the use of Capricorn XS tubing during installation to achieve the best printing results. If you can source some super fast 50W heaters then these puppies will FLY!
There is a reasonable selection of adapters to allow you to mount the Mosquitoes on the Bondtech kits as direct drive or bowden.
Bondtech have created a specific BMG extruder for use with the Mosquito Hotends which couples them using two cap head screws. This increases the torsional stiffness of the hotend making swapping out nozzles a one handed operation.
Dimensional drawings here. Suffice to say. You would get the performance of an E3D Volcano, in a package not much longer than the E3D heatsink. That is good engineerin ;)
The Mosquito Magnum uses the highest grade materials available, all engineered and built for performance here in the USA.
Mosquito Magnum is built to accommodate standard 6 mm heater cartridges, 3 mm thermistors, and RepRap style nozzles (as made by E3D, Microswiss, Olssen Ruby, etc.).
Pack includes Hotend, 25mm Fan and tools.
Couple this hotend with your favourite nozzle for example the 1.75mm Olsson Ruby